HOME MADE HOT CHOCOLATE MIX - DIY, Edible Gifts for the Holiday season
Its time to hear the tintinnabulations of the forthcoming Yuletide !! Christmas, aside from being an occasion of merry making, is also a time for family gatherings. Make this joyful celebration memorable by giving Homemade edible gifts to your near and dear.
Prettily packaged gifts are the best to give and get and this mellow hot chocolate mix stands first. Indeed, easy to make and tastes absolutely like the store-bought ones. After an elaborate (re)search, I finally settled with my own ratio of ingredients that turned out perfect.
Here it is, for you !!
Preparation Time :
Recipe category: Beverage mix
Recipe Level: easy
Yield : 1 kg
- 2 cups unsweetened Cocoa powder (Natural)
- 3 cups Regular milk powder/ Low fat milk powder
- 3 cups Sugar Brown/ Raw/ Refined
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp Corn starch
- 1 tsp salt
- Get a big mixing bowl ready and add all the ingredients into it.Using a spatula, mix all the ingredients well.
- Pulse the mixture in two or three batches until well combined.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in a a cool place.
HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE
- Add 2 heaped tsp mix to 75 ml of hot water.
- Add 2 1/2 heaped tsp mix to 100 ml of hot milk.
- Add 2 pinches of cinnamon powder.
- Top up with 1 tsp whipped cream for that extra silky feeling.
- Add 1/4 tsp of pure vanilla extract before serving.
- Enjoy your Cuppa! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
- When it comes to beverages, people's preferences on sweetness, bitterness and toppings vary. Some have wide choices but some are selective. Suit according to your family's needs.
- Before preparing a large batch, try making a smaller portion to check which ratio suits you.
Adipoli!!! I would really like to receive a bottle of that... ;)ReplyDelete
Wow !! i would love such edibe gift ..Great idea..ReplyDelete
Perfect for chocolate lovers.. awesome giftReplyDelete