PINACOLADA OVERNIGHT OATS - Early breakfast for the Early birds !
Its Monday tomorrow and a whole week is ahead of you. I am aware many of you would have "Monday Morning blues". I have had it too in the past. How do we combat it? Well, I have a simple solution. When your tummy is full, your mind is calm. Having a good breakfast can keep you charged and helps you to take off well for a whole week's performance. So, get prepared for a healthy breakfast tomorrow and wake up to a healthy Monday Morning .
As promised, I am here with another quick breakfast Overnight Oats idea. This time its a Vegan delight. The pictures says it all. For those who missed my previous post, click here to see my Fruit and Nut Overnight Oats recipe. I have spoken enough about Rolled Oats and why you should try this recipe. Please read through. You can then come back here for Version 2. Run through the notes below for some tips on other combinations that you can try. The layers are not very pretty as the Pineapple juice ran through down. But trust me, the taste was great.
Preparation time: 1 min
Refrigeration time: Overnight
Cooking level: Very easy
Serves: Single Serving
- 2 tbsp heaped Rolled Oats + 1/2 tbsp
- 3/4th cup Coconut Milk ( I used the reduced fat version)
- 1 1/2 tsp raw sugar ( Optional)
- 2 slices of Pineapple
- 4 -5 Walnuts
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Get hold of a Mason jar or any glass jar. Put the Oats into it and pour the coconut milk, sugar and coconut flakes into it. Mix well and refrigerate it overnight for the oats to soak.
- Take it out the next morning. Take another glass. Chop 1 slice of pineapple into bite sized chunks and add it to the glass followed by little oats mixture.
- Juice the other slice of pineapple and pour it on top of oats layer.
- Layer the remaining oats and continue the same process. Top up with chopped walnuts and more pineapple.
- Go for it. Wishing you all a happy and healthy eating.
- I suggest you skip adding any sugar to the oats. Keep it healthy.
- If you add bananas along with the Pineapple, it becomes Tropicolada Oats.
- Add berries, yogurt and honey- it becomes Berry blast overnight Oats.
- Try an Apple Cinnamon and honey combination.
- Top and mix any nut of your choice - Cashew nuts, Almonds, Pistachio, Macadamia, Walnut, Pecans... anything you want.
- The options are endless.
Briiliant recipe! Such fresh start to a day s a mustReplyDelete
Very healthy and perfect food to start the day!ReplyDelete
breakfast in a glass..very niceReplyDelete