CARROT & APPLE MILLET PAYASAM - Celebrating Aadi Festival
Worshipping Goddess and her different forms during the month of Aadi can instill positive vibrations effective for creating happiness and also brings about health, wealth and prosperity in life.
This is a special annual opprtunity to establish a closer link with the Divine feminine on these Aadi Fridays that are to follow. Celebrate with this Millet Payasam/ Kheer and be blessed with her grace.
My MIL is an expert in developing new recipes that are quick to prepare. She has an accurate judgment of recipe outcome that turns out to be extremely delicious even during first trials.I have succeeded many times following her measurements that has won me praises among many. This Millet Payasam is one such example.
Here goes her recipe.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Recipe Level : Easy
Recipe Category: Sweet, Dessert
Recipe Source : MIL
1 Red delicious Apple- peeled and grated
1/2 Carrot - peeled and grated
4 cups Full cream milk/ Whole milk
1 heaped tbsp Kodo millet (Varagu)
1 heaped tbsp Barnyard millet ( Kuthiraivaali)
4 tbsp raw sugar
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
2 tbsp ghee
Cashew nuts and raisins for garnish
1 1/2 cup Water
A pinch of salt
- Powder Kodo and Barnyard millet coarsely in a mixer grinder. Disperse the flour in a thick bottomed vessel with 1 cup water. Add a pinch of salt and cook on stove top until it becomes soft .
- Add the grated carrot and Apple to the cooked millet and add the remaining half cup water, milk, sugar and continue to cook until it thickens.
- Add cardamom powder and bring it to a rolling boil. Switch off. Fry cashew nuts and raisins in 2 tbsp ghee and add it to the Payasam. Garnish with cardamom powder and saffron strands.
- Offer it to the Deity and then serve.
- This Payasam was not too sweet. I preferred to keep it minimum as the Apple and Carrot were sweet. Increase the quantity if you prefer.
- The sugar can also be replaced with 1/4 cup of condensed milk.
Post a Comment
It is very important to cultivate an attitude of thankfulness as it helps us focus on possibilities of improvements. A big thanks for taking time to stop by my space.Would love to hear from you. I am even more eager to know if you have tried any recipe from my space. Do leave your feedback ,suggestions and queries here. You can also reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I hope you enjoyed surfing around. Comments tagged with link back to other sources, advertisement or promotions unless prior approved will be deleted straight away.
Thanks for your understanding