Oh ! Its too hot and I cant think of anything better than eating ice creams. A medley of fresh strawberries, whipping cream and condensed milk, set for couple of hours to infuse flavours. Do I need to tell more? The picture below pretty much says it all. These Creamsicles are easy to make and comes together in no time. You can use any berry of your choice. The source for this recipe is from my own archives - Pink Berry Duo
Preparation time: 10 min
Setting time: 1 hr
Freezing time : 4 hrs
Level : Very easy
Makes: 6 pops + extra
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 13 g||20 %|
|Saturated Fat 8 g||39 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 47 mg||16 %|
|Sodium 15 mg||1 %|
|Potassium 76 mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5 g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||3 %|
|Sugars 4 g|
|Protein 1 g||2 %|
|Vitamin A||10 %|
|Vitamin C||33 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- 200 gms strawberries chopped
- 200 ml whipping cream
- 200 gm sweetened condensed milk
Refer my Pistaschio Ice cream recipe for Ice cream base recipe.
- Beat the cream lightly for 3 min using a whisk or a hand mixer. You need not wait until it forms peaks. Just lighten in it a bit to incorporate little air.
- Add the condensed milk and mix to incorporate. Taste it to check sweetness.
- Add the strawberry chunks to the base and mix gently to combine. Set this mixture in the refrigerator for an hour so that the flavours combine. The mixture will turn a light pink as the colour from strawberries seep in.
- Spoon out the mixture equally into popsicle moulds and insert the popsicle sticks. Transfer any left over to a freezer safe container and freeze like a normal ice cream or leave it in the refrigerator compartment and serve chilled as Clotted cream.
- Freeze for 3-4 hours. Run the moulds under tap water for two minutes to release the Creamsicles. Enjoy.
For more chill thrills, do try these
so creamy and yummy...ReplyDelete
Yumm.. perfect summer recipeReplyDelete
New concept to me...creamsicles never heardReplyDelete
Thanks Priya. Usually people make creamsicles using yoghurt. I just changed the recipe to my taste. Try it. You ll like it.Delete
Yummy recipe..i am gonna try this ...ReplyDelete