BANOFFEE PIE - IN A JAR
Yet another Valentine's Eve. -- Another simple recipe this time to add to the delight of the occasion -- From young couples to old, Happy Valentine's Day !!! What else should I say ?? !!!
Banoffee Pie is of English origin and typically made with Bananas, Cream and Toffee prepared from Condensed milk/ Dulce de leche on a pastry base. The base could be digestive biscuits or crackers. If you want to make Dulce de leche yourself at home, then its a really long affair. Click here to know more about Dulce de leche.
I replaced the pastry layer with coarse nut powder as there was no stock of biscuits and made use of some Eclairs to make the Toffee layer. I made a single serving and hence chose a jar for this. Follow this simple version for fabulous results.
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Chilling Time: 2 hr
Cuisine : English
Level : Easy
Serves : 1
Source : Singly Scrumptious
4 tbsp heavy cream
4 to 5 toffees/ eclairs
2 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp semi sweet chocolate chips (optional)
1 tsp butter
Few Almonds and Cashew nuts
2 small ripe Bananas cut into coins
- Coarsely powder Almonds, Cashew and 1 tbsp chocolate chips. Its OK to have one or two pieces of nuts here and there. Press 3/4th of this powder into the jar to form the bottom layer.
- Combine heavy cream and condensed milk and beat for 2 mins. Pour half of this mixture on top of the nut layer.
- Top this layer with half of the Banana coins.
- Add some nut mixture.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt 1 tsp Butter+1 tbsp Chocolate chips+ 4 to 5 Eclairs for 30 secs ( power high) to form a sticky sauce. Mix well. Pour this on top of the bananas.
- Top with 1 tsp condensed milk if required and finish the layer with the remaining banana, nut powder and chocolate chips until you reach the top.
- All done now. Refrigerate for 2 hrs and serve.
- Delicious !!!
- Be careful while handling the toffee sauce. It can cause nasty burns.
Nice one. Happy Valentine's day Sowmya..ReplyDelete
looks scrumptious dear...and the fab presentation...Happy Valentine's day to u too,Soumya :)ReplyDelete
looks so delicious Sowmya...ReplyDelete
wow!This looks so delicious and love the layers....ReplyDelete
Happy Valentine's Day! :)
Awesome - the inviting flavors and how you have packed all up in the jar. Btw, appreciate if you can follow me back on blogger. Thanks.ReplyDelete
wow thats so awesome !!!!ReplyDelete
Looks super delicious...Loved the presentation:)ReplyDelete
This post is like u read my mind...I was actually searching for a good banoffee pie recipe to make as dessert for a weekend lunch party and there i see this.....Love it totally!ReplyDelete
Thank you ManjuReplyDelete