GARLICKY HONEY POTATOES
Garlic Honey Potatoes is easy-to-prepare finger food in a jiffy when you have things handy. This recipe is inspired from a restaurant's menu about two years back and has been doing umpteen rounds during our family get together. If you are a garlic lover.... Go for it.
Preparation time: 45 min if using fresh potatoes 20 min if using frozen
Cooking time: 12-15 min
Spice Level: Spicy
Source: Vimala Chithi
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 14 g||22 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||11 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 4 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 147 mg||6 %|
|Potassium 809 mg||23 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 42 g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5 g||21 %|
|Sugars 10 g|
|Protein 5 g||10 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||22 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- 3-4 large potatoes or 300 gm Frozen fries
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 6-7 flakes garlic, made to paste
- 1 inch piece ginger, made to paste
- 4 tbsp Red chilli sauce
- 2 tsp white sesame seeds
- 2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 3 tbsp Honey
- Oil for deep fat frying
- Salt to taste
- Wash, peel and cut potatoes into fingers of 1/2 inch thickness and 3 cm long.
- Dunk them into ice cold water for 15 min. Drain and repeat. Spread out the potatoes on to a dry kitchen towel.
- Heat oil on medium flame. When hot increase the flame to high and flash fry the potato fingers for about 3-4 min and drain and set aside.
- Prepare a spice mix out of corn flour, salt, red chilli powder and ginger garlic paste. Add a little water to make a thick batter. Add the flash fried potatoes into this mix and toss until well coated.
- If you plan to use frozen fries, skip the flash frying process and directly toss the fingers in spice mix.
- Now heat the oil again and on medium flame fry the potato fingers until crisp.
- Simultaneously, heat a pan beside and dry roast sesame seeds. Add a dash of oil and pour in the red chilli sauce into the oil. Simmer flame.
- Come back to the fries. Once crisp and done, drain and transfer the fries into the pan beside and in one swift motion mix up the sesame and red chilli sauce mix until the fries are coated well in sauce.
- Turn the heat off and drizzle honey and toss again. When you taste it you should get the garlic and honey taste in equal proportion with the sauce.
- The secret to get this recipe right is Mise en place (every ingredient in place and handy near you) and timing.
- Follow this and you can nail it every time you make it.
Post a Comment
It is very important to cultivate an attitude of thankfulness as it helps us focus on possibilities of improvements. A big thanks for taking time to stop by my space.Would love to hear from you. I am even more eager to know if you have tried any recipe from my space. Do leave your feedback ,suggestions and queries here. You can also reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I hope you enjoyed surfing around. Comments tagged with link back to other sources, advertisement or promotions unless prior approved will be deleted straight away.
Thanks for your understanding