Mango Basundi is an improvised version of our ever loved Basundi. When summer is in full swing and Mangoes are at its best (Alphonso, Banganapalli or any variety that you prefer) take some time off to make this dessert ahead and indulge. This mango-milk combo is not easy to pass on !!
Preparation time: 5 min
Cooking time: 50-55 min ( depending on quantity)
Chilling time: 6 hrs
Category: Sweet, Dessert
Source : Mom
Yields: 1500 ml ( approximately)
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 10 g||15 %|
|Saturated Fat 4 g||21 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0 mg||0 %|
|Potassium 59 mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 26 g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||4 %|
|Sugars 19 g|
|Protein 7 g||14 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- 2 liter full fat milk ( any brand)
- Puree from 2 Medium sized ripe Mangoes
- 3/4th cup raw sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- Chirongi nuts or chopped nuts of choice (almonds, cashew, pistachio)
- I am not going to make you go through the steps all over again. Check out this link to learn the steps to make the regular Basundi.
- Once done, cool the mixture thoroughly, divide it into half and chill it. This way you can get to taste a regular version and a mango version of the sweet.
- The next step is to mix the pureed mangoes and Basundi. Refrigerate the mangoes prior to this step and grind along with a fat pinch of saffron strands.
- To the prepared mixture add a small portion of prepared Basundi (the separated half) and mix well. And then blend it with the rest of the mixture. Keep refrigerated till you serve.
wow!! mouthwatering one,love anything with mangoes and this makes it all the more special...yummmy!ReplyDelete
Thank you so much Julie dear. How have you been ?Delete