MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR #111 - EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT
Hello everybody. This post is not a recipe post but an event announcement. I am hosting this for the first time since the inception of my blog and I am glad to do so. Read on and you will know why !!
"My Legume Love Affair"is a Culinary Marathon and not new to many (most) of you. The Marathon was initiated by Susan of The Well Seasoned Cook . It is now hosted by Lisa Turner of Lisa's Kitchen and I am so honoured to be relaying the torch for the upcoming September Marathon. This happens to be the 111th time the event is being hosted and that happens to be a fancy number and adds up to give 3 making it my lucky number. Let me take this occasion to wish the MLLA team good luck and I am wishful that this Culinary Marathon continues for years to come. Thank you for the opportunity, Lisa.
Now, this is a shout-out invite to all bloggers and non-bloggers who may be interested to participate. For those who are totally new to the concept, check out the guidelines for participation and all that you would like to know about MLLA, till date - Click here.
What is the event actually about?Well, the concept is to glorify and laud Legumes/ Pulses/ Dhals that play a significant role as a primary and contributing Protein source in a vegetarian diet as Protein is a body building nutrient. While consuming other kinds of animal food on a daily basis may be an expensive affair even for meat eaters, legumes, pulses (lentils) and their derivatives make the best replacement to animal food in an inexpensive way. In short, it is a quest to make the best out of Nature's bounty.
What should you cook?
Cook any dish be it a salad, soup, starter, main course, dip or any side dish with legume/ pulses/ dhals as the star ingredient.
Let me run you through the rules quickly. You can also go through event round ups of the past to get an idea as to what can be cooked and work up to show your creativity. Click here and scroll down below the post to access the links of all the events and round ups conducted so far.
- The event is open for entries the whole of September starting from the 1st of this month and closes on the 30th.
- Cook a dish with Legume as the principal ingredient. You can also use byproducts of Legumes like Green gram powder/ Gram flour ( Besan), Tofu etc.
- Entries must be strictly vegetarian. However, the event guidelines specify that use of egg and dairy is allowed. That said, I would appreciate if you could submit Egg free recipes. also. But you can still use Dairy as a component but just ensure that the legume stands out.
- Strictly only one entry per participant and you are allowed and link only new posts. All extra entries will be deleted. No archived posts please. However, if you re-post your recipe as a fresh post for this month, then Yes you can link it.
- Link your recipe to my event announcement page, My Legume Love Affair 111 and to Susan's page (the original creator of MLLA) and to Lisa's page .
- Use of the logo above is not mandatory but much appreciated. It helps to spread a good word. Right click on the image to download and use it in your post before linking it to my page.
- Lastly, use the linky tool given below to link your recipe.
- Non-bloggers are most welcome to participate and I am looking forward to more such enthusiasts. Please email your recipe with a picture of the cooked dish to 'firstname.lastname@example.org'. Send me your own original pictures and kindly do not download it from the internet.
Now that the rules recipe is above, please proceed to participate.
Grab your aprons, ladles and favourite legume to get started.
Good luck. Hope to see you all with your recipes soon.