QUICK & EASY MEXICAN CHEESY TACO CASSEROLE - Guest post by Olivia of My King Cook
Its been a while now since anyone guest posted for me. This time it was a pretty lady asking if I would accept posts. Why would I not in the first place.?! Without much ado let me introduce my guest. Meet Olivia, who blogs at My King Cook. She has a wonderful space that is a quick stop for great kitchen and health tips, knowledge on culinary gadgets, interesting food chemistry and also day do day delicious delights. I am so glad to have her as my guest today. Welcome to my humble space Olivia and over to you.
Hello! I am Olivia Rose. I am a passionate foodie. I own a personal food blog i.e. MyKingCook.com. I am a mother of two kids, and they are somehow a little source of inspiration for keeping my food love alive. I love to share healthy foods with all necessary ingredients and of course, taste cannot be compromised at all. Our days are so hectic during weekdays, yet we want to eat right, eat balanced and serve our taste buds with amazing flavors. Quick and easy recipes are always welcomed. Here we are to present a delicious yet nutritious Mexican meatless cheesy taco casserole recipe.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• I medium diced onion
• 2 garlic cloves minced
• I medium green pepper diced
• 1 cup corn kernels
• 15 ounce can of black beans
• 15 ounce can of pinto beans
• 15 ounce of dark red kidney beans
• 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
• ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
• 16 ounces of jarred chunky-style salsa
1 teaspoon of chili powder
• 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
• 7 ounces of corn tortilla chips
• 1/4 cups of both shredded cheddar cheese
• ¼ cup of shredded pepper jack cheese
Optional Ingredients to Add Taste
Apart from the recipe necessity ingredients, you can add some other sizzling ingredients to take pleasure from. These may include one or blend of more than one of each.
• Sliced avocado
• Green onions
• sliced jalapenos,
• Diced tomatoes,
• Plain Greek yogurt.
• Hot sauce
• shredded lettuce
• Drain and rinse well all three beans suitably.
• Preheat oven to 375ºF
• Sprinkle some oil on 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
• Add some oil to a glass top cookware and heat it on medium flame.
• Add onions to the hot oil and stir them well until they soften for about two mins.
• Add garlic to the pot until you feel fragrance. Don’t overcook it.
• After that mix pepper and corn and give it 5 minutes until they turn tender.
• Add together the beans, paprika, oregano, chili powder, cumin, cayenne and salsa.
• Mix all the ingredients well until about 5 minutes and then remove the pot from the heat.
• Spread approximately half of tortilla chips evenly in the baking dish.
• Put the bean mixture over to the baking dish and sprinkle both cheddar and pepper jack cheese over it.
• Repeat the above two steps once again
• Bake it for 20 minutes until the cheese melts and Cheesy Taco Casserole turns golden.
• Garnish with any of your favorite toppings.
I am in love with the Mexican food, and when it comes to some cheesy one, the love is even more. This taco casserole is full of crunchy tortilla chips, various classes of beans, vegetables and of course my beloved cheese melted evenly throughout the baking dish. You can have both blends of the crunchy top with soft bottom layers.
This is perhaps one of the perfect recipes for a casserole with high protein contents. The extra toppings of your own set of available choices will definitely enhance the customized taste for you. The possibilities are endless. This meatless version of Casserole must perhaps be your dinner choice today.
Dish looks so colorful...never knew these many varieties of beansReplyDelete
Worth the list of ingredients for this fab dish. Cheese taco - got be simply irresistible.ReplyDelete
Awesome guest post Olivia and Sowmya! Booked marked, perfect for a gathering :)ReplyDelete
Thank you for all! This is very delicious recipe. I tried it a quite time in my home, but you can twist it a bit also. :)ReplyDelete