RASPBERRY COULIS - A tangy, sweet and delicious sauce recipe!
The meaning of Coulis in Greek literally means pureed berries or Fruit Sauce. I like all kind of berries and usually pick some when I set eyes on them. I have already written Love notes on Strawberries and Raspberries in my earlier post. Check my Pink Berry Duo recipe to know more about these lovable berries.
I am not quite sure about commercially available Coulis, but I can guarantee you that it is quite a simple job to make this "Lickalicious Sauce" at home and stock it for a while to be used. It took me hardly 10 minutes to complete the show. So let us start.
Preparation time: 2 mins Cooking time: 8 mins Yields: 200-250ml
Cuisine: Greek Cooking Level: Very easy
100 gms Raspberries
30 gms Sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
- Wash the Raspberries and place it along with the sugar in a blender/mixer and grind into a smooth paste. The puree becomes real juicy at this stage.
- Use a seive to filter the puree to remove any pips or small bits. Transfer the puree to a microwave safe bowl and cook on power meduim for 6 to 8 mins.
- Divide the cooking time to 2 mins per session and stir well. When done, the sauce coats itself to the back of a spoon and does not drip too much ( Refer Picture 1).
- Cool and transfer it to a jar or bottle and store in the refrigerator.
- Oh! Too yummy! Peep in here to see what I made with this.
- There are multiple recipe options that you can try with this Coulis.
- Slather this as a spread in between Butter toasted Sandwiches for a sweet tangy treat.
- Use it for making Milkshakes in minutes or as a topping for Ice creams, Panna cotta, Pancakes, Cakes , Muffins etc.
- The options are endless. Give me more if you have.
Post a Comment
It is very important to cultivate an attitude of thankfulness as it helps us focus on possibilities of improvements. A big thanks for taking time to stop by my space.Would love to hear from you. I am even more eager to know if you have tried any recipe from my space. Do leave your feedback ,suggestions and queries here. You can also reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I hope you enjoyed surfing around. Comments tagged with link back to other sources, advertisement or promotions unless prior approved will be deleted straight away.
Thanks for your understanding