VEGAN BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE
Buy 2 get 1 free. Heard this before? I am sure most of you would have !! Especially, these promotions are not uncommon in grocery stores. These blueberries are one such that drew my appetite, sorry, attention.
And then, what.....
Here is how my attention turned into appeasing my appetite.
I am certain it would do likewise to all of you.
Off to the grocer ? Carry on. Happy Blueberry morning folks.
Preparation time: 2 min
Category: Breakfast/ Mid morning meal
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 17 g||26 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||10 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 3 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 16 mg||1 %|
|Potassium 297 mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 39 g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 9 g||37 %|
|Sugars 17 g|
|Protein 8 g||16 %|
|Vitamin A||1 %|
|Vitamin C||24 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- 200 gm frozen blueberries
- Fistful of Almonds
- Fistful cashewnuts
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 cups chilled water
- 3 tsp pounded palm jaggery or sweetener of choice
- Pulse the nuts and coconut flour in a dry mixer grinder to make a fine powder.
- Add chilled water to this and blend to make vegan milk.
- Add frozen blueberries palm jaggery and half of the vegan milk and grind to a smooth pulp. Add remaining milk and blend again until smooth and silky.
- Pour out the smoothie into glasses and serve immediately.