Make Lightning! That is all this Dessert is about. Got some fresh lot of mixed berries, bananas, yoghurt and honey handy? Then you will end up making this prettiest pink Dessert of all. I am not exaggerating at all. You will have to make it to believe what I said.
The foremost factor that attracted me to this Pinky is the colour of course - it is a beautiful and healthy medley of anthocyanins in different intensities, carbs and creaminess from bananas, a little tang from yoghurt and last of all, some shot of antioxidants from our good old honey. The recipe source is from here. This recipe is perfect for a pink themed birthday party or for Christmas dinner - you could even encourage your kids to involve in the making process. It is a kid and a crowd pleaser and can also pass on easily as Valentine day delight - the healthy way..
Use fresh or frozen berries for this purpose. While fresh would be the best option, it is equally okay to go for frozen as the best lot is picked for the freezer. Ensure that the yoghurt is not too sour. Go ahead now and have some chill thrill - the healthy way!
Preparation Time: 5 min
Freezing time: Overnight
Level: Very easy
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 0 g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0 g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1 mg||0 %|
|Potassium 54 mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 22 g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||9 %|
|Sugars 19 g|
|Protein 1 g||1 %|
|Vitamin A||1 %|
|Vitamin C||20 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- 1 cup Straw berries
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Blackberries
- 2 ripe Bananas
- 4-5 tbsp honey (or more if your berries are tart)
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (use plain or Vanilla)
- Reserve a little berries from each lot. Blend all the other ingredients to a smooth puree.
- Add the reserved berries and give it a good mix. This adds a lovely texture. It is a bliss to bite into fruit pieces in between.
- Transfer to a freezer safe container or onto a tray and secure the surface with cling wrap. Freeze overnight.
- Slice into bars and serve. Alternately, you could even freeze the mixture in your ice tray, popsicle moulds or use different shaped cookie cutters or simply just scoop it out. 🍧🍧💞
- Serve immediately to avoid melting.
Looking for more fruit based desserts? Then do not miss out on these easy to make ahead desserts.