I started this blog on a Deepavali day in 2012 and I am successfully stepping into the 4th year. Time flies!!! I can't thank my family, friends, fellow bloggers and you readers enough for all the support that you all have been giving so far. Thank you so very much for everything and every little thing.
Now, coming to today's recipe, it obviously has to be something sweet as it is a post Diwali/ Deepavali recipe post and being my blog birthday, I couldn't think of anything better than this Classic Vanilla Ice cream. Fit enough for something sweet and tempting, old style but always a global favourite. Ice creams, to me, are for all the seasons and for every reason. The method is a little time consuming but worth the wait and a try. Go on to read and know how I made it.
Cooking time: 15 min
Freezing time: 4 hrs plus
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 24 g||37 %|
|Saturated Fat 15 g||76 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 82 mg||27 %|
|Sodium 47 mg||2 %|
|Potassium 47 mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 15 g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0 g||0 %|
|Sugars 12 g|
|Protein 3 g||6 %|
|Vitamin A||21 %|
|Vitamin C||1 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- 2 cup Full cream milk
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 10 tbsp coarse granulated sugar
- 2-3 tsp pure Vanilla extract
- Make a lump free paste out of corn starch and little milk and set aside.
- Bring the milk to a boil on a heavy sauce pan. Add sugar. Cook until it dissolves and then add corn starch paste. Cook on low flame for 2 -3 min.
- Add the heavy cream and mix well. Continue cooking until the mixture begins to thicken. Immediately sieve to remove any lumps.
- Add the Vanilla extract and mix well. Transfer the mixture to a freezer safe container and wrap with a cling wrap touching the surface of the milk to prevent scum. Cool on the counter top and transfer to the freezer.
- Blend and break the ice crystals using a hand blender. Repeat three times after a 2 hr interval for a smooth finish ice cream or churn the cold mixture in your ice cream maker according to instructions. Beating at repeated intervals is a little bit of a messy job .... but hold on and you will thank yourself for doing so.
- You can serve it soft at once or freeze again to firm up.
- Topping suggestions: Use sprinkles, praline, caramel, M&M, chocolate sauce/ mango sauce/ strawberry sauce or toasted nuts.
- Serving suggestions: Use waffles, cones, cups or serve a scoop on top of warm brownies or on this Chocolate mug cake. Enjoy!