I must thank my friend Balaji for suggesting this recipe. He is a Chef, by profession and has put in "N" number of years in the Hospitality industry.He has suggested many recipes in the past that has worked well for me. So, I just took his word and went ahead in preparing this Mango Rasmalai. Simple, straight and I must say zero effort.
This recipe involves pairing just 3 ingredients in total.. Rosgollas + Mango pulp+ Fresh cream - this alliance was a total win. I used the store bought Haldirams Rosgolla and Alphonso Mango pulp for this. Oh! It was so delicious. Actually there is no much work involved. If the Mango season is on, then you should consider using fresh Mangoes. Let us get going and see what to do.
Preparation Time : 5 mins Refrigeration Time : 2 hrs Cuisine : Bengali Fusion
Recipe Category: Sweet Level: Very easy
1 tin Haldirams Rosgolla ( contains 12 Nos)
Store bought Alphonsa Mango Pulp / Pulp of 3-4 Fresh Mangoes
1/4 cup of fresh cream
Sugar syrup from the Rosgolla tin
- Gently squeeze the sugar syrup from the Rosgollas using a Lemon squeezer. Collect the syrup separately.
- Assemble the Rosgollas in a container or in serving cups.
- Mix the required sugar syrup with the Mango pulp and cream.
- Pour this on top of the Rosgollas or pour 3 -4 tbsps of pulp
+ cream mixtureinto each serving cup and refrigerate.
- Serve chilled.
- Check the sweetness in the Mango pulp before mixing the required sugar syrup and cream.
- You can also use evaporated sweetened cream instead of the fresh cream. You can cut out the sugar syrup and adjust sweetness accordingly.