I am quite obsessed with Ice cream making. Now that the Mango Ice cream ( I posted couple of days back) has become a big hit among my family members, I was urged to try more combinations to suit our taste buds. Having said that, I wonder if the Google search engine is Telepathy enabled!!?? Hee! Hee! U sometimes think of a recipe and Bingo! It just pops up in front of you.
I bumped into this One-Step No-Churn Coffee Ice cream recipe and the 5th minute I was already half way through the making process. I was skeptical in the beginning about the outcome as I always had a notion that Coffee is supposedly a hot beverage and must be consumed only when hot. I have never tried Cold Coffee in my life till date but thanked myself finally for trying this recipe as the scoop of sinful indulegence was a thoroughly enjoyable affair for all of us at home.
I did not click many pictures as the day was too hot and the ice cream started metling in no time. Get ready to fall in love with this Coffee delicacy.
Yields: Close to 400ml
Source : Nigella
300 ml Heavy double cream
175 gms of full cream condensed milk (1 tin)
2 tbsp of Instant Classic or Espresso Coffee powder ( Adjust quantity to taste)
- As the name indicates, the process is way too easy.
- Combine all the above in a blender and pulse or use an electric hand beater to whisk the mixture until it forms soft peaks.
- Transfer the contents to a freezer safe container and freeze for 6 hours or overnight and serve.
- Happy Weekend!.
- The original recipe calls for Coffee liqueur. I excluded that step.If you have stock of some coffee liqueur, then please do add and don t forget to share the outcome with me.
- The ice cream itself was so tasty that it did not require a topping .